Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Caleb SAFE at last!


Caleb had some guardian angels watching over him. He found himself at a shelter at a time when all English Setter rescues were extremely full and nobody could take him in immediately. A kind lady sponsored his vetting at the shelter, so that he had more time to find an adopter. However, the time this bought him was running out AGAIN when a wonderful IBR volunteer stepped in to foster him. She even broke down on the way from the shelter when getting him, but this boy is SAFE and now looking for his special forever family.

Foster mom Betsy reported:
Here's CALEB. The first 2 shots are right after his bath yesterday. I washed him in the small front kennel that's paved in gravel. It's great for things like DOG BATHS!

Then I popped him in there this a.m. while I fixed his breakfast, and so the third photo is Caleb, once again all wet (it was pouring) and he's stuck where he tried to get out.

I've repaired the gate, and this afternoon I kept a really close eye on him from the house AND had Blossom out with him, and he ignored the gate. ( I suspect getting stuck was one of those things that carried it's own negative reinforcement, but I won't take any chances.)

No comments: